In Thunder, Lightning or in Restrained

Oh, to rise in life through beautiful rather than hateful acts


I love the word remontada. If you look it up, you will see it is translated as "comeback."

     My multi-lingual BBF (yes, not BFF), who is a devout footballophile, adds deeper dimensions: "It's resetting. It's remounting. It's the rise after the fall."

     The rise after the fall. Mm-mmm.

     Remontada is my cup of tea; which is just punny to say considering the word brew is in the title of this latest blog-o'-mine. 

     That's what all this blogging's for, though: Jhaye-Q resetting, remounting, rising after the fall ... after the push.

     I keep saying I want to make back the Media in Trinidad & Tobago, and it's time for me to get out the effing garage and start driving forward. It's time for me to come good, shine on and walk in beauty, exactly as I urge people at the end of my other three blogs.

     But sometimes you have to look back at where you've been to remember how much might and fire you once wielded. It also helps to remind people of exactly why they can't seem to forget you (to read my first ever published column piece hit the link: Still Crazy After All These Years).

     I know that sounds odd, but people recall me, my columns, my show, and they think they know how much into it they were. But memory is often watered down sort of wine. And a remembered taste of good, strong liquid is not the same as actually drinking it again.

Begin to begin


     This archival blog is, thus, my way of helping people drink the good, strong, undiluted by time brew again.

     I'll do a few introductory posts like this one, to navigate you into a fair place from which to springboard into the pool of Jhaye-Q printed Media work past.

     Then you can look out for the damn thing self. Heh-heh.

     Listen, all my life I have had to fight against people trying to tie me down because of their issues, their bigotry, their prejudice. I'm not a kid any more, but I still have dreams ... honestly, they're bigger than ever, because they encompass my country and my world.

     I fought the fight-down, now I'm fighting to rise up again. I want to give my words to the world. I want to change the world with my words. My whole life has been affected and enriched by the words of bards, authors, griots, orators, et al with language gifts beyond my meager abilities.

     I believe in the influence of the word.

     Anyone who does not, anyone who tries to tell you, "Words don't have power," just hit them the simple response, "Well, then shut up."

Open up


Photo by vishnudeep dixit from Pexels