Hiatus to "I Hate Us"




JUST TOUCHING IN, while around the world people try to get out of touch with each other.
     Isn't it ironic. Hmmm.
     Seriously, I am only saying "Halloh" while I try to get myself out of this current hiatus and back into a blogging gear during this time of Social Distancing.
     I should be in a class right now; that did not begin as, but has had to endure on, an online forum.        
     Something happened and I found myself unable to connect, as I have smoothly done for the last three weeks. Web failure. Internet kookooism? Or something more semaphore?
     More on that in a post to come.

On your own at being alone


     A pal of mine, considering how our Trini countryfolk have been doing a fairly horrible job of social distancing (like liming is more important than life) made the utterance, "I hate us!"
     Now then, she could have said, like most would have done, "I hate them!" So there's actually something beautiful about her inclusion of Self in the grouping: something patriotic and connected.
     Like the Italians and others, our culture is a come-together-right-now kinda one. So as inane as it seems that people keep flouting the "STAY APART!" dictate, it is not impossible to understand it. This is what they are. This is what they have been taught.
     Social reclusives have always been seen as oddities here. Trust me, I know. And home here, being an oddity is to court further isolation via marginalisation, ostrasizing, outcasting, etc. 
     So while what is being said is, "Keep your distance for safety's sake." What the less aware may be hearing is, "Do not do what is normal. Do not be normal. Be odd. Then be marginalised, ostracized, cast out."
     So it's not really a case of "unschoolable" stupidity, but rather of attempting to teach old dogs some new tricks. Problem is, doing so takes patience that can be ill afforded at this time.
     So what's to be done?
     You got me.
     I'll come again.

     Open up


Top photo by Jhaye-Q

While the time away with some homespun Trinbago sights by touching the link: Jhaye-Q Trinbago Photography
And get some insight into my homeland culture: Jhaye-Q Shows

0 Comments