Oh, flux!

This Poi tree doesn't look like this all the time. But, boy, when it does!


YOU'LL notice something different, no doubt.

Brand new theme, which I've not had the time to fully format to suit my purposes yet. It's coming.

This is appropriate, since Blogger also decided to make some major changes to its posting system. Going to take some getting used to; but I'm confident I'm up to the task. After all, this is the Jhaye-Q who, a few years ago, could not even envision blogging at all. What's the words to the Alanis M. song:

We live, we learn.

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a headline and intro text for a story on Yahoo. I mean, Covid-19 was affecting everyone and people were taking action all over; but this billionaire mogul had sold his airline shares. His reason? "The world has changed."

My thought: "like that's something new."

I wasn't being sarcastic exactly. Just, epiphanies are supposed to resonate outside of the ordinary, right. The world is always changing in ways good, bad or ugh!!!. All the time. So here's this purportedly brilliant business man being hit on the head with: "The world has changed." 

Yes, yes I'm sure he elaborated. But I was too non-plussed to read on. 

What are we about when we begin to take it for granted that change is rare? Our blood changes all the time. The sky is NEVER the same. And the old Zen saying, 

You cannot step into the same water twice.


To me, change is all tied up in hope. So I think of everything that has happened with Covid and other really terrible worldly such, when I say "something has to change" I actually mean I have real hope that better will come.

Open up


Photo by Jamaal Joseph

0 Comments